As a conscientious design consultancy, ADG is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of the environment. ADG aims to promote sustainable development as defined in the Brundtland Report – that is development, which meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs, sustainable construction in new buildings and refurbishment that promotes environmental, social and economic gains now and for the future. This is about creating a better quality of life for everyone, now and for generations to come. It means recognising that our economy, environment and social well being are linked and interdependent.
Sustainable Design Solutions
ADG recognises that its activities have an impact on the environment. In all our activities, working practices and business relationships, we are committed to protecting, conserving and enhancing all aspects of the environment over which we have control or can influence. We shall ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations and take action to continually improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution across all our activities, products and services.
In particular we shall:
- Take environmental considerations into account when selecting our suppliers
- Use resources wisely by reducing resource use and reusing or recycling materials wherever possible
- Improve the efficiency of energy use in our buildings and processes
- Minimise water use in our buildings and processes
- Prevent or minimise the risk of pollution arising from our operations
- Promote sustainable design solutions that improve on statutory standards.
We will ensure this policy is implemented throughout our operations by:
- Ensuring all our employees understand the environmental impacts of their own jobs.
- Informing all suppliers and contracted consultants of the requirement to comply with this policy when providing goods and services.
- Periodically reviewing the environmental issues at the highest level within the organisation.
- Reviewing this policy and its effectiveness on an annual basis.